Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving

This is not what you think.

I think of Thanksgiving as a mark in time when fall starts to seriously move toward winter. There are things to do to "close up" the outdoors and get ready for the world to change from color to black and white, and to live indoors.

Greg's really good at keeping up with things outside, but sometimes he needs me to help him remember what needs to be done. I should probably make a big check list and hang it in the garage, but I'll put it here because I know he'll read it! (Most of these are done, Greg's been busy.)

Rake leaves
Clean gutters
Drain and disconnect hoses
Drain water line to gurgler and to the garden and blow out with air pressure
Dig tender plants and bring them into sunroom
Bring in the houseplants
Get the gurgler in the sunroom working, and bring the goldfish inside
Clean up the flower beds
Change the vents from a/c mode (open upstairs) to heat mode (close upstairs)
Move the Fiat
Winterize the small engines, fuel stabilizer, etc.
Change the furnace filter
Put mouse poison around in the basement
Take screens off windows and store in crawl space

I guess this really means I'm a micromanager, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you are, but it's just one of the many things that I love about you.

    ReplyDelete