Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Brain is good!

Today I had a followup MRI after Gamma Knife last month. I was expecting some bad news, because when they did the high resolution MRI before the treatment, they found four more tumors, so treated five total. Dr. Vogelbaum said then, that it was probably time to start thinking about whole brain radiation.

So, today, I was expecting to hear that more little ones had sprouted up. I always think of the cancer as being a weedy garden that looks clean but has dandelion seeds just waiting to sprout. I was at the Clinic, in the super-duper high power machine. But it was all clear! "We'll check you again in February." So, that's one area I can not think about for a few months. We'll get onto chemo probably the week after Thanksgiving. Pulling weeds.....

1 comment: