Sunday, February 7, 2010

Wow, things changed in a hurry. I kept getting worse and worse on chemo #2, and I was too sick to go on chemo. We had talked to Dr. Moore over a year ago ago and told her that when the time came we were more interested in quality of life than quantity. So, all of a sudden, the drugs have stopped working, and instead they're making me sick. I don't want to end my life being sick. I'd rather be able to talk with my family and grandkids.

Just before the end of the year, Justin and Amanda got engaged, and they are planning to have their ceremony here in the back yard, in June. My Dr. says that's pushing the time for me to make it that long. Talk about the pressure. I really want to be here to join in the wedding, but I just might not, and I'm afraid the kids will be disappointed in me. At least I can be planning the yard decorating to get it ready. I hope that will make the kids happy. Last summer we dug a landscape pond, and used the dirt from the pond to make a mountain. Then, in the mountain we bought big rocks to build a waterfall/ river downstream, and the children have a wonderful time playing in the waterfall. Papa (Greg) built it for them. Before the wedding, we have to plant the rest of the plants all over the mountain. May Justin and Amanda have a perfect marriage together, even if I am not in the photographs with them.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure no one is, or will be, disappointed in you, dear friend. No one could have done any more to "be there" for your family, and to prepare them for your absence. They will grieve and they will miss you, but they will have many wonderful memories. Having said that, I hope like hell that you can make the wedding!

    Love,Kathy

    ReplyDelete